My Healthy Honey-Toasted Nut and Muesli






Today was a really stressful day but I was so glad to have found my new kitchen as my Zen and it was about time that I used my new smeg oven.

I also found too much packets of organic rolled oats and dry goods in my pantry and  so I decided to make a toasted muesli out of them, something like the ones they serve in one my fav cafe. I enjoyed making it and most especially after when it filled my home with delightful and delicious aromas of roasted honey, nuts and cinnamon.

Here is my recipe-

Ingredients:
5 cups organic rolled oats
2 cups mixed raw nuts (eg. almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia, brazilian nuts)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds ( pepitas)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup organic shredded coconut
3 tbs sesame seeds
3 tbs chia seeds
1 cup organic honey
5 tbs  organic extra virgin coconut oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Preparation:


-Mixed all dry ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.


-Combine oil, honey and spices in medium sauce pan. Place over stove on low heat and gently stir until mixture is melted and lightly caramelized. Remove from stove and allow to cool.


-Gradually pour over dry mixture tossing slowly with a  wooden spatula until all is well coated and combined .

-Spread evenly onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. 


-Heat oven 160C and bake for 30 mins, mixing every 15 mins until golden brown and crisp.


-Once cooled, toss to combine muesli well and store in airtight container.


-Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and slices of your choice of fruit. 

Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time:30 mins

Enjoy the recipe!

Peace & Love,
Mazzy
xox